Jim Jones – Author, Musician, Performer
Jim has produced ten Western/Folk albums and three award-winning children’s character education videos. His Western novels include the Jared Delaney series, Rustler’s Moon, Colorado Moon and Waning Moon, as well as spin-off series including The Big Empty (2016) and The Lights of Cimarrón (coming in early 2019), published by Five Star Publishing. Solo albums include “Race with the Wind,” 2015 and “Headin’ Home,” 2018. He is a member of the trio, The Cowboy Way Trio whose first CD, “The Cowboy Way,” won the 2017 Western Heritage Award for Best Traditional Western Album. The trio received the 2017 Western Music Association Traditional Group of the Year.
AWARDS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- International Western Music Association 2019 Song of the Year- “It’s a Cowboy I Will Be”
- IWMA 2019 Traditional Album of the Year, “Cowboy Way Trio” 2019
- “Cowboy Way Trio” IWMA Traditional Group of the Year 2017, 2018, and 2019.
- Western Music Association: 2017 Traditional Group of the Year, The Cowboy Way Trio
- Western Writers of America: 2017 Spur Award- “Halfway Down the Devil’s Road,” (Jim Jones, Allan Chapman) Western Song of the Year
- Western Heritage Wrangler Award: 2017 Best Traditional Western Album, “The Cowboy Way”
- Academy of Western Artists: 2016 Western Song of the Year
- Western Music Association: 2014 Male Performer of the Year
- Western Writers of America: 2013 Spur for Best Western Song- “Texas is Burnin”
- Academy of Western Artists: 2008 Male Vocalist of the Year
- Western Music Association: 2011 Outstanding Western Book- Colorado Moon
- New Mexico Music Awards: 2009 Best Western Song- “Cowboys of New Mexico”